Thursday, December 08, 2005

Grandma Hillmanism of the Day...

While we're on the subject of funny quotes, I got a letter from Grandma Hillman today. It opens:

"Sorry, you didn't make it back over here [at Thanksgiving]. And also that you didn't get sick."

I think she meant she's glad I didn't get sick, but who knows? That Fern is a shifty one. Maybe she has it in for me. I did notice she didn't set the green stuff out at Thanksgiving until after I had already got my food...

I must say, though, there are many things I definitely WON'T miss about being a young single grad student once I get outta here, but I will miss those monthly letters from grandma with the news from Richwood and a ten dollar bill. Quite possibly one of the brightest points of the month.

1 Comments:

Blogger SanFranFresca said...

never fear the letters won't stop and in place of a 10$ bill there will be
an extra newspaper clipping...which in my opion is even better! The gift of knowledge

5:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home