Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day in the life of Doug

Well, here is the entry for me, and while I forgot to grab a shot that day of the lunch that liz and i shared on the lawn that she so graciously brought for me to my workplace, i believe that everything else was recorded.


Of course, the morning begins with Mr. and Mrs. Blocksma's rocket fuel of choice: Coffee from the french press and English Breakfast with a spot of milk and sugar.


Directly afterwards, I'm off to the races in my daily commute -- part of which is the Poudre River nature trail. I regularly see multiple types of geese, ducks, swans, cranes, snakes, squirrels, chipmunks, racoons and last week: a turtle!


At work for the day, you can see that from my vantage point that i am attempting to design the first flying desk, but have yet to be successful. Further tests are going to happen next week.


Eventually i make it home, and try to catch up on some email and news of the day in the office along with a nicely hoppy and fermented India Pale A... Apple Juice. Yeah.


Dinner with the missus! Aren't we just pure americana? (that is, without the dog, the kids, i don't wear a robe around enough in the mornings and we both enjoy hanging off of rocks more than we should, but, you get what i mean.)

And finally, the post-dinner-end-of-day gaming throwdown. We've collected quite the library of games in the last year, and here you can see from my viewpoint what it looks like to face off nightly against the genius that is Liz. Here she is scheming the easiest way to take me in Backgammon, Cribbage and Scrabble at the same time.

2 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

I love the differences in your work desk and home desk. Maybe you could outfit your home desk with a sail.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger DougieB said...

for the record, the home desk has since been de-cluttered, so, my stress level has also been lowered.

Though, yes, a sail would go nicely....

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home