Tuesday, August 07, 2007

quotes from the fair

Last night D-Nara, Bilver, and I ventured out to the state fair to see a concert...While there we had several intersting interactions....mostly with Carnies. Here's a few of our favorite Carnie quotes from the evening.

1. Carnie taking our ticket while talking on walkie talkie to other Carnie- Well I have this great recipe, and you take cream cheese...(we kept walking so didn't get the rest of the recipe)

2. Carnie yelling at D-nara- "Hey Superskirt, did you just get in from hollywood", (then yelling at Billy) "Hey Slim, why don't you bring those pretty ladies over here!" (danara was wearing a long dress with a native american print ot it....hence the superskirt, and Billy is slim)

3. Carnie talking to me and Bilver while rolling his cigarettes in front of sheep barn-"Did you ride the chair lift...I rode it last year and then got to the top and realized i was afraid of heights...I'll probably ride it again this year, it's only 3 dollars."

4. Same Carnie talking to me while Bilver left to get his elephant ear- Did you see the Llama's...I stay away from Llama's because they spit at me, and if it spit's at me I'm taking it down, and if I take it down...I'll go to jail and the Llama will get off...the Llama will get off"

5. Carnie to everyone as you exit the fair while holding a tip cup in hand and talking real slow and with a slight twang-" Why walk to your car when you can ride the green shuttle for free...one comes every few minutes."

-In other news over the weekend Danara became a proud parent to a 7 week old miniture weiner dog named Stanley.

3 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

"Superskirt" might just have to replace "Billy Bedtime." All in favor...

8:35 AM

 
Blogger SanFranFresca said...

Superskirt is the name deemed for D-nara...it's her superhero alias along with darkhaira.

8:43 AM

 
Blogger rachel said...

Forgive my stupidity, I spend my days cleaning yogurt out of noses and teaching "Scooby" talk. Rorry.

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home