Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Those crazy Egyptians and the myths of dental hygiene

First things first. Why were not all members of the Cousin Council informed of this website??? I am deeply disappointed with the disorganization and complete lack of respect for all members of this sacred council. I move to dismiss our current secretary and elect a new one. All in favor?
by the way, who is our secretary?

I debated the nickname, but was worried that "Big Brother" might be spying on me if I went with Yasser Sarafat...I decided royalty would give me some power in this council, so I present myself to you as "Queen Sarapatra" I guess it is good that Jesse is not going by Caesar. That would be a little awkward, if you know what I mean...

So, Hamdy and I randomly chose a new dentist from our insurance company and when we went last week, he happened to be Egyptian! I can't say that I was crazy about having an Egyptian dentist (dentists are pretty scary in Egypt!) but he graduated from U of Mich and was great! However, I almost burst out laughing when I asked him if he did teeth whitening. (Danara may be the only one that can appreciate the humor of this...)

Me: "Do you sell teeth whitening treatments?"

Dr. : "yas, I have speecial kaynd. Make teeth veery white!

Me: how much is it?

Dr. I geeve you speecial price! Only $40.00

Me. hmmm....

Dr. Okaay, okaay, $30.00!

Even Egyptian dentists in America try to barter with you...good grief!!

The incredible part of the dentist story is that this was the first time Hamdy had been to a dentist in 25 years and he only had one small cavity! Not to mention that he used to be a smoker and still drinks a lot of sugary tea and coffee! I couldn't believe it! So much for dental hygiene education..its all in the genes!

Tan't tait to tee tou tall tat thristmas!

3 Comments:

Blogger SanFranFresca said...

Sarita/Sarapatra,
Welcome aboard!! Glad you finally got on here!! When are you guys coming in for Christmas?

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

Geez...you guys posted your comments like two seconds after I posted...now I know what you guys are doing all day! :-)
Actually I am supposed to be studying for two finals tomorrow, and am finding this blogging to be an exceptional form of procrastination!!

I think we will be in Ohio the afternoon of the 24th. When are you guys taking off for Egypt?

1:06 PM

 
Blogger SanFranFresca said...

We will be going to your motherland on the 27th..so never fear we will get plenty of quality cousin time!

11:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home