Saturday, June 10, 2006

Things you take for granted owning a house




Hamdy and I closed on our house yesterday morning. Having lived in rented dorms, apartments, and townhouses for the past 8 years, it is an amazing feeling to have our own house. I can't believe that we can do "anything" we want and don't have to ask (or hide from...) a landlord!

I was so excited today when I realized that I could just put my outgoing mail in the mailbox and don't have to trek to a post office or the campus mailing center. Also, I've never had a washer/dryer. I've always had to go to a laundry mat or carry my heavy laundry down 3 flight of stairs to some dark stinky basement only to find that all the washers are full and carry it all back up again. Hurray for being able to wash dirty clothes whenever I want and not having to let a big pile of dirty clothes accumulate in a tiny closet!!

My favorite part of the new house is the backyard. We have lots of blackberry bushes and grapes and many other plants and flowers that I don't even know the names of! But, we also have a big lawn to mow--time to buy a lawnmower...as well as thousands of dollars of other can't-live-without- Home Depot items!

2 Comments:

Blogger SanFranFresca said...

Congrats! That looks like a great yard!

8:46 PM

 
Blogger DougieB said...

Congrats as well! And get used to the Home Depot, it'll be your second home for at least a little while. After owning a house for less than a month, i now know without a doubt that they will never ever go out of business.

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home