Friday, December 16, 2005

Coming to a couch near you

Well, friends, I have been free of school responsibilities for almost a week now and it involves much less Y&R than one might think. I am confined to the graces of anyone offering a free meal and a bed or bed-alternative. Mostly this means Jesse and Rachel's, where I have established my Liz-cave in their basement, complete with the first big girl bed I ever slept in some 20 years ago. So I can't complain about the free accomodations, but I do miss my big comfy bed and my wifi. Using J & R's dial-up makes my butt twitch. So apologies if I can't keep up on the blog as often as I'd like. Speaking of things I should do more often, anyone good at planning weddings?

Also, j$, r-van, and I were brainstorming over a bottle of wine this evening and decided that maybe we need to find a way to integrate our regular regalia with a new holiday: melungeon heritage day. Comments and ideas are appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

how about brewing a little moonshine to celebrate Melungeon Heritage day? We can get Nate to do the brewing and we can just do the drinking. hee hee hee

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

by the way, you know that anyone searching melungeon roots on the internet might end up at our website now....and that means you know who....

11:51 AM

 
Blogger SanFranFresca said...

Well if we are celebrating our Melungeon pride...uncle pike should be the one to give the moonshine (a.k.a mead) toast. Maybe we could incorporate our mulungeon heritage day into the cousin council exchange-a.k.a. Yankee swap. We could just call the whole kit and kaboodle our Mulungeon pride celebration. We really do need to just get back to our roots! Mulungeon Pride y'all!-I'm out

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home