Friday, December 30, 2005

Welcome to Egypt

Well cousins...As you know me and cousin Danara are in the great desert...and fortunatley the camels here are very friendly so it makes it much easier to be away from you all! Where to start...well we almost died and while you may think this is an exaggeration it is not! We we're on a flight from london to cairo sitting in the midst of a hoard of asian tourist and while over the adriatic sea we experienced the worst turbulence ever! The asians we're screaming and whimpering, Danara grabbed my hand and started to pray out loud, An arab flight attendant started yelling at everyone to take their seats, and I prayed quietly for about 2 hours straight...all in all Danara and I high fived when the fasten seat belt sign went off and now refer to ourselves as "prayer warriors" We're just callin it how it is folks! When we finally landed from the longest 4 hours of our lives we applauded and swore we would never get on another plane in our lives...so if you would like to see us make plans to visit the pharoh's hotel...just ask Mohammed when you arrive for us and he will direct you to our room. But on a more serious note I now understand Sarapatra and cousin Danara's love for the place. It is truly an amazing place and everyone should come...maybe we should plan our next CC meeting for Cairo. Oh yeah and the first morning we we're here we are sitting in the hotel eating breakfast and Danara looks up and starts yelling out Mark..Mark..to a kid who just walked in the room. This is what I call Taylor syndrome...Danara can even be across the world and see someone she knows! Unbelivable! Mark is a guy Danara met here when they both were here for school. He is from Michigan but now working and living in Cairo. He was at the Pharoh's hotel(which is apparently the center of the universe) because the asst. director of the program they we're both in here (who is now a teacher at a college in Michigan) had brought a group of college students from Michigan on a tour of Egypt...and they all happened to be staying at the pharoh's hotel! So (thanks god for this) The teacher guy (Ethan) invited us to tag along on their touring...that means free transportation as well as free meals so far when we're with them! We spent yesterday with them and are planning to tag along on their trip to Mt. Sinai this weekend! Well there is much more to tell... but cousin Danara is now staring over my shoulder and has a hankering for some koushrie so being as she is now my sugar mamma I will comply. I'm out..

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

Wow! I'm glad you guys are okay. I have to admit I am very JEALOUS thinking of you guys hanging in Cairo without me. Despite the crazy pollution and constant honking of taxis, it does have an incredible mysterious charm that is hard to explain unless you have been there! It is cool that you guys get to go to Sinai too--that is one of the most beautiful places in the world! Well, eat lots of koursherie and fuul for me!

11:46 AM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

by the way, if you haven't done it already, I highly recommend an evening sitting in Khan Al Khalili drinking ahwa and having someone seranade you on the oud. There's nothing like it.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Woah..

Prayer is a good thing..
I have to tell you my sweet daughters... that is why I do not go into planes...
God didn't gimme wings...

I would hate to think our last meal together was Dolmathes, Tzatziki and Horiatiki Salata...

They don't make Keftedes with camel meat do they...eeeooouuooo...

Anyway..glad you are having fun..Ride high and keep your camel dry!

Dad

9:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home