Sunday, February 19, 2006

Roll Call

O.k. so I have some official buisness from Aunt Diana (aka Mom) I have been told to address the issue of next Thanksgiving's N.Y.C. extravaganza. As of now Mom, Grandma, Billy, me,Danae, and Danara are in. Aunt D is wanting to make hotel reservations for any and all who want to be involved. So first I need to know from Queen Sarapatra if we are still able to use Hamdy's discount for the hotel... and how that would work. Secondly we need a head count for who wants in. It will indeed be a good time, so I suggest all be involved....also if possible mention it to all members of the Hillman blood line in Michigan. My guess is Uncle Pike is gonna wanna be in, because I know how he likes to research in NYC(not the mulungeon roots but the Jewish) Danara will be back in a few days from Egypt...yes that's right, she decided to go back to Cairo while she's on that side of that world again....you'll have to ask her why....but let's just say she could be following in the footsteps of a certain Mulungeon/Russian Jewish cousincoota of ours....if you know what I'm sayin. Anyone coming this way for easter??

11 Comments:

Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

as far as the Sheraton discount, I looked online and there is nothing available (with the discount) in Manhatten. The closest would be Long Island I think...otherwise New Jersey, etc...probably not worth the hassle. I can look into the Long Island hotel if Aunt Diane wants me to. I think hamdy and I are definitely planning on coming as of now.
So, Danara is in Egypt, huh? Uh-oh....

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

Hamdy says:

"looks like I'll have someone to speak Arabic with at family holidays"

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Eliza said...

As of now, the Blocksmas (woa) will be there.

How do you say "Disband the lonely hearts club." in Arabic?

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Eliza said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Eliza said...

I'm heading to OH for Easter. Anyone else?

12:01 PM

 
Blogger SanFranFresca said...

Yea!!!! That is very very exciting information...Sarapatra-What about Brooklyn, any Sheraton discount there?

9:31 PM

 
Blogger J said...

Questions for the NYC planning committee:

When are people planning to arrive? Leave? Activities? Sushi?

We're still trying to figure out the logistics of going without children, etc. Can somebody fill me in on the above? Gracias.

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

Okay, here is the deal on hotels. I couldn't find anything in Brooklyn--even the one that I saw in Long island seems to have disappeared. However, the Westin New York which is right in Times Square (Broadway at 47th) has availability the night of the 21st and 23-26. They just don't have anything the night of the 22nd! The cost would be $69.00 +tax. (which is an incredible deal for New York) So, one possibility is that we all stay somewhere the 22nd and then move the 23rd--depending on how long everyone is staying, etc. The only other thing to keep in mind is that Hamdy only has like 20-25 discount nights a year...so I don't know if we could do it for everyone, we'd have to see. Let me know what you're thinking ASAP--because I'm sure these dates will get booked up soon.

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

a couple more thing about that Westin hotel--it would actually be $119.00 + tax if four people were staying in the room (two double beds) or $69.00 if two people (King)

And these are the extra taxes:
Rate Description:
Daily Rate per Room: USD 69.00
Taxes: Occupancy Tax of USD 2.00 per room per night is not included in the rate.
Ny Unit Fee of USD 1.50 per room per night is not included in the rate.
Room Tax of 13.38% per room per night is not included in the rate.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

I'm thinking that maybe Hamdy and I will bunk with Danara for Wednesday night and then check into the Westin for the rest of the weekend.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Eliza said...

Cousin Danara, as your cousin and as your co-shipmate on the Mayflower ("eye-eye captain"), I'd like to request some floor space at the cousin council headquarters.

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home