Friday, March 10, 2006

Phew!



My interviews are finally over! I did 7 interviews in 8 days and traveled over 700 miles this week. I am now a competent driver of the mini cooper and can operate a manual transmission without stalling at every stoplight. The interviews themselves went quite well (at least in my opinion). The schools themselves are all so different and as I think about my top choices, it is a tough balance between the role that I would play in the school, the location of the school in relation to where doug and I want to move, and of course, money. The districts don't make official offers until the beginning of April, so I'll have to wait a bit to hear back from them. It feels good, though. to have this step out of the way and to know that I am one step closer to actually living here and doug and I are one step closer to actually having a home together in the same time zone.

We're heading to California this week to celebrate a) The pacific ocean and some of doug's favorite places on earth, b)spring break, one of the few perks of still being a student, c) the fact that I don't have to wear that stodgy suit or talk about how great I am anymore, and d) the fact that united airlines, in its Christmastime overbooking, gave us each two free tickets to anywhere in the US for bumping us off our flight. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Sarapatra said...

have a good time! While you are in CA, I'll be enjoying a "week after spring break" vacation in Tampa Florida. I'm going there to present at the international TESOL conference but planning to skip most of the conference. Rachel is meeting me down there and we are going to hit some beaches, go to a flamenco show, and eat some fabulous Greek food in Tarpon Springs. We are staying at a fancy Westin Resort for $59.00 a night (gotta love that Sheraton discount!)

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home